Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Grateful: Reflections on a Recent Interview

    Have you ever been grateful for the chance to share your thoughts and experiences with others - just having the opportunity to be heard? Recently, I had the chance to be interviewed by Subkit and it reminded me of the power of gratitude and counting your blessings. Subkit interviews small business entrepreneurs in a series that they call "Go Solo Stories." What we focus on tends to expand. So why focus your attention on the negative and misery? There is too much negativity in the world already. Today I am thankful for the platform to express my ideas and being able to share some of the lessons that I have learned running a small business.

    In this interview, I discussed a variety of topics including my background, the creation of Evan's Studio, and lessons I think will be valuable to new business owners. It was a privilege to be able to reflect on my experiences and share my insights with a wider audience. One of the most significant takeaways from the interview was the reminder of how much progress I have made and how grateful I am for the opportunities and support I have received along the way. I can't say that it has been easy but that was never my expectation. It was a reminder to always be thankful for the journey with all its ups and downs, and to appreciate the people and experiences that have shaped me into who I am today.

    Thank you for taking the time to read about my interviewing experience. I hope you enjoy what I have to say and find inspiration and value in my reflections. You can check out the full interview here: https://gosolo.subkit.com/evans-studio/ 

    This dramatic microphone image is sure to turn heads. Get your license today!

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

What Does the "925" Mark on Jewelry Mean? The Purity of Sterling Silver

The 925 symbol indicating the ring is made of 92.5% pure silver


    When shopping for a ring like the one pictured above, you may notice the number "925" inscribed on the inside of the band. But what does it mean? The "925" mark is used to indicate the purity of sterling silver, a type of silver frequently used in making jewelry. The number "925" means that the silver is 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% made up of other metals (usually copper) added to make the silver more durable and less prone to scratching or bending.

    Sterling silver is a popular choice for jewelry because of its beauty and relative affordability. Silver may become less affordable in the future if it follows in the footsteps of gold, which is now close to $2,000 an ounce: https://www.monex.com/gold-prices/ The "925" mark is a guarantee that the jewelry is made of genuine sterling silver and can be easily seen with a jeweler's loupe: https://www.911metallurgist.com/blog/jeweler-loupes. If you're shopping for sterling silver jewelry, make sure to look for this mark to ensure that you're getting a genuine piece.

    In addition to the "925" mark, other engravings can also be found on sterling silver jewelry, like the maker's mark by the jeweler or the country of origin.  These additional symbols can provide further information on a piece of jewelry, like who made it or where it was made. I will be putting the ring pictured above up for sale in the near future so interested buyers can be assured that they are purchasing a high-quality piece of jewelry made of 92.5% pure silver. Keep your eyes open for the listing and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or interest in the piece.

Monday, January 16, 2023

The Duality of Perception: How our Minds Form Reality


Our minds can interpret the same object in several different ways - representing the duality of perception.

    Perception is a fascinating topic that has been studied by academics, philosophers, and psychologists for centuries. Perception is the process of interpreting and organizing sensory information to create meaning in an often chaotic world. The process of perceiving is not as simple as it may seem. The way we perceive reality can be shaped by many different factors including our past experiences, cultural background, genetics and our emotional state.

    One of the most interesting aspects of perception is the duality of how we interpret the world. On one hand, we have the objective reality that exists independently of our minds. This is the physical world that can be measured and observed. On the other hand, we have the subjective reality that is created by our own minds and thoughts. This is the way we interpret and understand the world based on our own unique perspective. Sometimes, our perception can be distorted by focusing on certain parts of a picture while ignoring others.